Thursday, February 4, 2021

Planning

This we had a "tour" with the librarian, she joined our lecture and talked us through the libraries website at TUDublin, she also showed us how to use Refworks to save us time when referencing our assignments. We had to choose what topic we wanted to write about when contributing to the academic textbook on gaming we are putting together as a class. I chose to write about "demographics of players(types of players)" under the chapter "Understanding the player". I choose this because I thought it would be interesting but it's not too broad so I won't be left with trying to cut down a ton of information I can write a detailed, informative piece. 

                                             



I then evaluated my selection based on the research topic checklist. Using the information provided by Lindsey this morning I gathered useful pieces of information relating to the chapter I chose to write about. I saved 13 articles from the library database relating to player demographic. This will save me a lot of time next week when I got to start my write up because I did the hours of research today I can just scan back through the information to find what I need. I gathered a few videos, some articled and some ebooks/pdfs. For my image, I chose to make a mind map on the miro of the keywords I used to research my topic.
Iv linked a few of the videos and articles below to come back and reference when I start my write up.


"What you need to know about gamer demographics & the new face of gaming"

"Tammie Schrader TED Talks"

"Wiki Bartle taxonomy types of players"



No comments:

Post a Comment