Sunday, February 7, 2021

Unity Tutorial 01

 For this weeks unity tutorial, I chose the 2D game option where I completed a series of unity tutorials to create a 2D game named "Ruby's Adventure". This semester's tutorials are typed out detailed step by step instructions which I much prefer over last semesters tutorials which were a series of video a few minutes long. With the instructions typed you can go at your own pace and it doesn't go ahead without you. Once I had unity updated and everything set up I flew through the tutorial. I found this a lot quicker as well instead of watching the whole video the attempting the instructions I was able to complete each bullet point before moving on to the next. It also allowed me to listen to music while I worked wich made the time fly fast. I enjoyed this unity task as I am comfortable with the unity software so the task was enjoyable. For my image, I just chose to screenshot about halfway through the tutorial and a picture of Ruby from the game.  I am looking forward to creating a 2D game this semester and having the creative freedom to design the world which I think is next weeks task.


screenshot
ruby






No comments:

Post a Comment