Sunday, October 4, 2020

Time strategies

 My thoughts on time engagement strategies is that we all have the same amount of hours in a day and everyone gets to choose how to spend them, some people just spend them better than others.

The first article i read was "The Important Habit Of Just Starting" by Jory Mackay. The lines that stood out to me most where   "Procrastination isn’t just simply us putting off things until a later date. It’s purposefully putting aside important work knowing there will be negative consequences in the future.We aren’t just being forgetful, or complacent. We’re purposefully hurting ourselves by focusing on short-term pleasure at the cost of the long-term." This really made me think, why do we do this to ourselves, set our selves up for an uncomfortable situation, or a bad day? we are all guilty of it, especially when it is something you don't particularly enjoy or want to do. When we know when its done we wll feel so much better rather than letting it sit in the back of our minds. 

The second article i read was The Psychology of Checklists by Lauren Marchese. This one i completely agree with and have used for years especially during lock down. I made a checklist every night for the next day with time stamps and the smallest thing i wanted to get done. I put the smallest tasks on their like breakfast lunch and dinner so i had  something to complete. This gave my day structure, kept me in routine as well as giving me motivation and keeping me busy. It also kept me off my phone and helped so much with my mental health during g lock down. Instead of lying in bed all day watching Netflix i wad reading three books a week, cooking and exercising. I was peaking. with so much time on my hands I felt so productive and did things iv pushed off for moths like painting and re-doing my whole room. All from a simple checklist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment