Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Growth Mindset

 I like the idea of growth mindset, i think it is a very refreshing way to look at challenges in life especially education. I have never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before,  I only learned about it when i did this reading task. I have never thought about how I see myself on the spectrum of growth-fixed mindset in my schoolwork but i do think that if i personally was thought about it at a younger age maybe in primary school i would not have struggled so much with Irish or Math. I was told at a young age that I had dyslexia and was given the opportunity to drop Irish completely as a subject multiple times. Iv been offered spelling wavers, readers etc. But I never took any of them because i was to embarrassed people would find out so when i got to secondary school i just stopped raising my hand completely. This is why i like the growth fixed mindset, it takes the taboo and embarrassment from getting things wrong or doing bad in a test and rewards the process which would definitely encourage kids to participate with out worrying about shouting out the wrong answer. I would definitely be interested to learn more about the growth-fixed mindset. I am a little worried about all my modules this year, i really utilized all the lecturers help during last semester i every module but this year we are a lot more independent, i also think I am not as skilled as i should be in most things we learned last year.

Carol Dweck


No comments:

Post a Comment