Friday, September 25, 2020

Introduction to a college student during a pandemic..

My name is Ellen Roche, I am 21 and currently a second year student studying Creative Digital Media at TUDublin Blanchardstown from the comfort of the own home (for now). I work in Boots in Blanch Shopping canter, iv worked there about a year and half stocking shelves, doing tills and  often getting roped into staying back and cashing up. I like working there the staff are sound and the work is easy. 
My favourite module last year was Web Development but this was also the most challenging for me and my biggest achievement was definitely creating  ten page website from scratch. I spent so many hours on that website a few days before it was due i spent almost nine hours on it in two sitting I took a break to eat dominos. 
My favourite Takeaway food is definitely Camile's crispy chilli chicken or their spicbag. A boojum, if you've never had a burrito bowl from boojum I am so sorry or crab meat ravioli from labucca, if you know you know. My favourite food to make from scratch is sushi I normally will make ten rolls and have two for lunch ever day for a week thee is nothing better feel free to try change my mind in the comments. 

The sushi I made last week, tastes better than it looks!

I dot have many hobbies anymore unless you count scrolling on tiktok for hours on end. I did read a lot during quarantine I got up to about three books a week. I normally have a book going at all time even if I only read a chapter every second night. I have recently bought three books of depop Asking For It by Louise O'Neill, Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney and All The Bright Places by Jennifer Nievan. I used to by my books off book depository but now i get them on depop second hand unless I cant find them. I am making my way though a list of recommendation that is in the back of my journal.  

13 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen, yeh I agree on the Web dev. it was very challenging and time consuming and it brought great happiness and satisfaction when you finally finished. At the same time frustrating when something didn’t work the way you wanted. I used to spend a lot of my time on Tik Tok but have stopped almost completely when College started. Goodluck with the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree with web dev, I was the exact same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ellen, how will I last this year without your help in most modules, and no more snack runs before library :(. Love the colour scheme of the blog and the name very clever. I agree about web dev very hard and stressful when don't know why it's not working. I'm glad to see someone else just scrolls through tiktok as much as me.
    Hopefully we'll get to see each other soon in college and if not I'll have to call into boots to see you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellen, great introduction post! I agree with you 100% about Web dev it was awful in my opinion, I spent way too many hours trying to create it too. I absolutely love Camile's crispy chilli chicken its the best ever, but I've actually never had a boojum or sushi before which shocks most people when I tell them but ill definitely try it soon. Good luck this semester hope to see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ellen! Really enjoyed reading this post about you, I am hungry after reading it lol. I agree, a boojum bowl is up there but I personally prefer a burrito. The sushi you made looks so so tasty you are going to have to make it for me one time ;) Funnily enough I am also in currently reading Conversations with Friends and I am loving it I hope you are to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sup Ellen, it's Vince. Like you said in your comment I don't think an introduction is needed at this point x Your palate is really cool and interesting ngl also good lookin Sushi btw. I personally wouldn't count Tiktok as a hobby, more like an addiction. I'll always be so in awe of how much you read, it's so fascinating to me considering I haven't fully read a book in YEARS. I've heard good things about the 3 new books you picked up and I watched the Netflix film for All The Bright Places. Hope Online College has been and will be alright for you. Good luck with the year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ellen :) Really enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you a bit more! The sushi you made looks great don’t think i would be ever able to make something like that. I think we’ve all become addicted to tiktok at this stage with everything that’s been going on. I tried to take up reading over the summer but read one book and gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ellen! It is nice to meet you. I really enjoyed reading this introduction post and getting to know more about you. I say working in Boots is fun especially because you get on well with all of the staff. Web development was also one of my favorites because once you have completed making a website from scratch it is nice to look at it knowing you were the one that made it. Also that website took me ages too haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellen, me again! Just had a read through your introduction, it was lovely to learn more about you! I didn't know you worked in Boots that must be hard working during the pandemic, I couldn't imagine it so fair play to you!! One of my hobbies is scrolling through tik-tok for hours on end haha so we have something in common. I wish you the best of luck with this semester - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ellen, just finished reading your blog, obviously otherwise I wouldn't be typing this right now, anyway, it was great to learn about what your life has been like during lockdown, what your hobbies are and that you have a favorite module that your enjoying. I spent about 7-8 hours on my website a day near the end as well, I keep telling myself it was worth it, but my brain is telling me it wasn't!! It's great you enjoy your job, I work in Homestore and More, I hate the place, dealing with people, ucchh!!! Enjoy second year from home and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Ellen
    Good to see you have a job that you enjoy and get on with your coworkers
    i too enjoyed web dev last year, the website took a long time but i also found it very rewarding once it was finished.
    Have you continued reading since we've been back to college and what's your favorite book that you have read recently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Ellen Just finished reading your blog and there's one thing that im not gonna let slip by unnoticed. Crab meat ravioli.... im sorry but you're disgusting that sounds rotten but hey you do you. anyways apart from that it was fun reading your introduction post. have a good Christmas break and best of luck with the rest of the college year.

    ReplyDelete