Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Unity Tutorial 03

I enjoyed this week's unity tutorial. For this weeks tutorial we continued on with "Ruby's Adventure: 2D Beginner". I completed the seventh tutorial "World Interactions - Collectibles" which had seventeen steps then the eight tutorial "World Interactions - Damage Zones and Enemies" which only had seven steps. Overall this took me about an hour and forty minutes. In the first tutorial, we saw how Triggers work, and how to detect when a Rigidbody enters them, we wrote our your own function in C# scripts, used private and public access levels and wrote an "if statement". The second tutorial added a robot bad guy to make the world less friendly. We learned how to damage our character with a damage zone and with moving enemies. I was aiming to get two weeks worth of unity tutorials complete this week and that still might happen. The only trouble I found was that ruby will only move slightly up and down so there may be something wrong with the script. I will have to back and look over the week fifteens tutorial to see where I made a mistake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment