Friday, February 12, 2021

Unity Tutorial 02 week15

Starting this weeks unity tutorial I was fairly confident. I flew through last weeks and I knew I would be able to do the same this week.  Though I normally enjoy sitting down to do the tutorials this week it was a case of getting it done and out of the way. Even still I feel like I learned a thing or two. In the first tutorial "Decorating the world" we got a chance to decorate the world we’ve created,customize the way that Unity renders our Sprites and reuse GameObjects using Prefabs. During the second part of the tutorial "World Interactions - Blocking Movement," we modified our character controller script so that Ruby can collide with the world and doesn’t go through objects. To do this we used the "Physics System". I think next week when I have a bit more spare time I am going to try to spend a day and get through a few unity tutorials. I managed to get this week one done in an hour and a half including the blog so I'm aiming to get tow done next week to give me the opportunity to spend more time on the writing tasks as we are now three weeks into semester two and I can already feel the workload of other modules starting to build up.  

screenshot of unity while doing the tutorial 

No comments:

Post a Comment