Thursday, October 8, 2020

Unity tutuorial 01

I have just finished / given up on my first set on unity tutorials. I was originally intimidated when I first opened up unity it is a lot to take in at first but the way it is broken down into step by step videos that are a few minutes long makes it a lot easier for beginners like me. The videos are a bit slow so I had to up the speed to 1.75 which helped a lot. After about two hours I got to the the third video of 1.2Pedal to the Metal tutorial where you are asked to double tap the scrip to open it on visual studios, as this is a Microsoft programme I couldn't download it onto my Mac book, I tried to download the other suggested programme but it didn't work. I continued to watch the rest of the videos so I didn't fall behind or get confused next week.  

I took a break from my computer to have dinner and it dawned on me I could use brackets as my programme. So I was able to go back and finish the tutorials. Once I did this I actually enjoyed using brackets and felt relieved and satisfied once I had it complete. Moral of the story is don't spend seven hours staring at your computer or your brain will be fried. At lead i'll know now for next week. 





A screen shot I took half way through the unity tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment