Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Review Week Comments and Feedback

Feedback In: Overall I would rate the quality of the comments and feedback I have been receiving from other students in the class as an 8/10. I think that they have all been very useful in one way or another. The comments in my introduction post have been very helpful for me to get to know the other students in this course names and a bit about their personality without being able to meet them in person. I think the blog comments really encouraged communication between my peers so the comments task each week was a great idea. Similarly to comments on my game progress posts have also been very helpful. They have helped me think outside the box and reassess my game. Other people's constructive criticism has really helped shape my game and I found it very useful. The only downfall of the comments was that some were clearly rushed and written just to get the job done and they were repetitive. I have been guilty of this myself.

The comments I am finding most useful;l are definitely the ones on my project posts. Without realizing it the comments people have left me have helped with my college work immensely.  The WWW or "Wow', "I Wonder..?" and "What If..?" tactic has made the comments even more useful as the students then point out to me what they like about my project idea/proposal, what they would question or change, and what they think I should add. As my game is aimed towards the age group of my peers their opinion is very helpful for me to know I'm heading in the right direction.

Feedback out: I would rate the quality of the comments and feedback I have left for other students as 8/10.  My reasoning for this was that they have been very helpful for me to go through other student's blogs and see the standard of work that is expected and what stage I should be at in this module. It also helped me to see what other people's projects were looking like at each stage of the project so I didn't raise my expectations or put too much pressure on myself as this is a new module to all of us and we are only beginners. Again the minus two points were because sometimes I found the comments to be a choice especially when a student put very little effort into their post and I didn't have much to work with or comment on. 

I did get a sense of connection through reading other people's blogs especially if they mentioned anything they are stuck or struggling with I could relate. I am happy with my introduction post, at the time of writing it I had no idea it was going to be ready other so I think it would have come out a lot differently if I had known that but at least it's authentic.



Feedback image from newbreedmarketing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment