Sunday, November 29, 2020

Alpha


 This week I worked on the alpha version of our games and did some testing.  I spent a lot of my designated three hours trying to fix the camera. by having it rotate using the left and right keys the player wouldn't turn with the camera. I attached the camera to the player and positioned to right behind the player so it moves with the player but no longer rotates, hopefully, this will mean it will rotate when the player rotates. 

I then worked on the player controllers, I have the player moving left to right but it doesn't rotate. also, it goes flying off the side of the grass as soon I hit play. I'm finding it difficult to get the player controller down and I don't want to move on to anything else before I get that sorted. 

Once I get the player control down I just want to add the flowers and have the player be able to pick them up. This whole thing is proving to be a bit more challenging than I thought so to get the game done and working well I am going to simplify it but I definitely need to spend a lot more time on my game. 

6 comments:

  1. From look looking at your screenshot, im getting a minecraft kind of vibe from your game.
    Good to see you're getting your camera sorted, it's gonna be important for you to be able to view your game world properly the same way a player would view the world.
    im glad that you're getting your game mechanics working properly and it seems to be coming on well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen I really like what your game looks like and I think that you have really done a good job on your game.I also had few problems with the camera and the player but after spending some time on the game and the research some how you get to the point were your game starts working.Overall I think you are definitely moving in a right direction with your game.And I'm looking forward to see your game in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen! I really like the nature aesthetic of your game, I also have something similar for my game! I'm glad that you were able to fix your issue with the camera. It's understandable that you want to get something right before moving on with building your game. It's probably not the best idea to leave unfinished code in the middle of your script. Nonetheless you seem to be getting on well and good luck with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen, I hope you are doing well. I just had a read through your project blog there and I think your game looks really good. the game really reminds me of Minecraft and I think the layout and the colours really work well together. I hope you're able to fix the camera on the player I'm sure you'll get it fixed and I look forward to seeing your final game. -Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ellen! I just read your project blog and think it looks really good so far! I also found it difficult enough starting my game off and attaching the camera and player script to my player. I had to keep going back to the first Unity Tutorials we done to help me out. I love the scene you have created so far in your game and it really reminds me of Minecraft. Hopefully you have developed it a bit more since this blog post and I can't wait to see the final outcome! Good Luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellen,
    Looks like your game is coming along nicely, Your character is cool looking, I was wondering will you also have music in your game? Would be cool to add something saxofony but uplifting if that makes sense, with some sort of beat at least... thats the vibe i get from it. The camera annoys me sometimes... it would be pointing towards god knows where and when i try revert it just doesnt... anyways keep up the good work cant wait to see final product.

    ReplyDelete